Saturday, September 18, 2004

One of these days I'll get to do everything I want to do....

I've been contemplating these past few weeks about the hobbies that I have or have dabbled in. Right now it's a combination of knit, crochet, rubberstamping, and scrapbooking. This past week, I was at Wal-Mart and spotted a Bead and Button magazine that had a beautiful beaded crochet necklace on the cover. Hmmm...beading using crochet and it's jewelry. Being the sucker for seductive glossies, I made my purchase.

After looking through the magazine for a week, I now have an itch to learn to bead. There are so many beautiful things being done with beads! Not to mention the fact I can crochet and bead at the same time. But where am I going to find the time!!!!! UGH!!! I know I'm not the only one who has a mulititude of hobbies. Have you ever felt the need to do something just to be creative? I must have my hands busy doing something that's truly my vision and of my making. Maybe I should say my hobby is being a Hobbyist! LOL! Finding the time: now that's the challenge!

Since my last blog, I worked on crocheted socks, shaving cream backgrounds, and continued to work on mastering the purl stitch in the Continental method of knitting. I have one of the crocheted socks done and am almost done with the other. I would have finished the other sock if I didn't run out of yarn! Well, I'm not worried about the dye-lot issue because these are "around-the-house" socks, and having a slight color variation is not going to rain on my parade.

I played with shaving cream backgrounds as a technique project with my rubberstamping group. I will post a picture as soon as I get this cheap-o digital figured out. That's my project this weekend! LOL! I've been putting it off. Maybe I will also have one of the cards completed too.

No comments: