Sunday, September 26, 2004

Shaving Cream Technique Pictures!

FINALLY!! I worked out the kinks with my bail out, cheap-o digital. The pictures are not as good as I want them to be, but they will work for now.

I made 4 cards today using my backgrounds made from the Shaving Cream Technique. Here's how I put them together with a little "background" on the backgrounds used:

The first picture shows the backgrounds before being made into cards. Playing with shaving cream can be messy, but having some foil to work over made clean-up easy. This was a technique that the rubber stamping group I'm in was working on 2 weeks ago (you can say I'm a bit behind). Anyway, to get the marbling, you take shaving cream and spray it on a flat surface (I used a paper plate) and add a few drops of ink from re-inkers. Take a stick or a toothpick and spread it around. Then take a pre-cut piece of cardstock and lay it on top. Pull up and scrape off the excess, and viola: you have a marbled background! Cool huh? The second picture shows the image (copyright Stampers Anonymous) stamped on the background.

For the layer and base of the card, I used another technique called Plastic Wrap, where you scribble markers on platic wrap, rub it together, and press your cardstock on the wrap. The marker I used was a gold metallic pigment ink marker.

The fourth and fifth pictures are different angles on my first completed card. The glared image shows the metallic background and the dimmed image is the completed card displaying the marbling from the shaving cream background(I love my cheap-o digital - NOT!).

The final picture shows the cards I completed so far. I tried doing several different color schemes to get different effects. I had a lot of fun getting my fingers inky today. I still have a few more cards to do and I hope it doesn't take me a couple of weeks to finish them!

No comments: